Free Day Information
On the free day, all students are permitted to explore Cambridge and the surrounding area outside of the Workshop boundaries. You are not required to go outside of the boundaries. If you would like to spend your day in Harvard Square that is great too! Whether or not you are staying within the boundaries, you must travel in groups of 3 or more. There are no exceptions to this rule, so make sure you plan ahead and get a group together. Also, all members of a group that check out together must also check in together. Groups may not split up while they are out.
- Plan ahead. To make the most of your time, make plans ahead of time. Look over the suggested attractions list or ask your RAs for suggestions. Verify the hours and location of your destination.
- Use Google Maps! We tried to give directions for every location, but these are NOT a substitute for using an actual map.
- Leave early! Leave early in the morning to make the most of your day, and leave early when you are trying to get back to Currier to make check-in time.
- Travel in groups of 3 or larger. Coordinate this ahead of time.
- Always keep an eye on your belongings! This is especially important when you are walking through large crowds.
- Wear sunscreen and remember to drink lots of water!
- CALL US if something is wrong or you have any questions. Program the telephone numbers before you leave so that you can contact us if you need to.
- Have fun!
All students are free to check-out at the Workshop office as early as 9:00am. If your plans for the day require you to leave before 9:00am, please speak with your RA the night before to make other arrangements for checking out.
In order to check-out you will need to do the following:
- You and your group must go to the Workshop office.
- You will need to provide the names of all students in your group, your plans for the day, and 2 primary cell phone numbers to contact the group should we need to.
- You will need to take down the number of at least one of the RAs on duty, as well as the Residence Director and the Assistant Directors, so you can contact one of them if you need anything during the day.
All students must check-in with the Workshop office by 6:00pm. You are free to check-in earlier, but once you have checked in, you are no longer permitted to be outside of the Workshop boundaries.
Once your group has arrived back in Currier, each student must check-in with the RAs on duty in the Workshop office. Remember, public transit can be slow, so getting back may take longer than you expect. Please leave yourselves enough time to make it back by 6:00pm.
Registration for 2022 will open on December 1, 2021